A STATEWIDE INITIATIVE TO PROMOTE RISK EDUCATION, EARLY DETECTION AND SKIN CANCER SCREENING
BRINGING FREE SKIN CANCER SCREENINGS TO A BEACH NEAR YOU!
Choose Your Cover brings free skin cancer screenings, complimentary sunscreen and a wealth of vital skin safety information, involving cancer detection, prevention and sun smart precautions directly to the at-risk population of people who spend extended time in the sun and at the beach, ball park and other outdoor venues.
A collaboration of physicians, advanced practice nurses, hospitals, health departments, community organizations, municipalities, lifeguards, corporations and volunteers have joined together to fight melanoma and other skin cancers, and reduce the risk of skin cancer in the Garden State.
BELOW IS A LIST OF THIS YEARS SCREENINGS
FOR INFORMATION PLEASE CALL DEB LEVINSON- 732-286-3693
Atlantic: Joia Di Stefano
- Ventnor Newport Ave Gazebo – Newport Ave & Boardwalk Gazebo (near library) July 22
- Sea Isle City Promenade Pavilion at JFK Boulevard – July 23, 10 am to 1 pm
- Longport – South 35th Avenue Gazebo at Pacific Avenue June 24, 10 am-1 pm
Bergen: Al Ferrara, Jr.
- Holy Name medical Center regional Cancer Center, 718 Teaneck Road, Teaneck, May 1, 6pm-9pm
Cape May: Joia Di Stefano
- Ocean City Music Pier 825 Boardwalk, June 10, 10 am-1pm.
- Cape May City Convention Center 714 Beach Avenue, July 15, 9:30 am-12:30 pm
Cumberland: Brittany Raup
- Vineland Frank & Edith Scarpa Regional Cancer Pavilion – Inspira Medical Center pending
Gloucester: Brittany Raup
- Woodbury – Inspira Medical Center Family Medicine Center pending
- Hackensack UMC Palisades, 7600 River Road, North Bergen, May 6 9am – 1PM
- Hunterdon Amanda Medina-Forrester
- Flemington Hunterdon Regional Cancer Center, May 8 & 10 5 – 7pm
Middlesex: Viviana De Los Angeles
- Our Lady of Fatima, 380 Smith Street, Perth Amboy, July 1,
- Milltown Municipal Pool, Violet Terrace, Miltown, July 22,
Monmouth: Deb Levinson
- Asbury Park Boardwalk – 800 Ocean Avenue at JFK Boulevard, July 15, 10-2pm
- Belmar Pavilion, Ocean Avenue & 5th St, July 15, 10-2pm
- Bradley Beach- Brinley Avenue & Boardwalk, July 15, 10-2pm
- Long Branch 7 Presidents Oceanfront Park 2212 Ocean Avenue North July 22- 10-2pm
- Highlands, 22 Snug Harbor Avenue, July 15, 10-2pm
Morris: Lucille Talbot
- Jefferson Twp. Residents only May 16 and June 15 to register call 973-663-0700
- Rockaway Borough, Residents only May 18 to register call 973-983-2848
Ocean: Deb Levinson
- Brick Beach III 440 Route 35 North, July 15, 10-2pm
- Ortley Beach, 4th & Ocean Avenue, July 15 – 10-2PM
- Ship Bottom (LBI) 20th Street’s Beach end, July 15, 10-2pm
Somerset: Lucille Talbot
- Memorial Sloan Cancer Center 136 Mountainview Blvd Basking Ridge May 2 –
9 – 3pm
Sussex: Helen Hojemeir
- Littell Center at 12 Munsonhurst Rd., Franklin, June 17 10-1pm.
Union: Andrea Navas
- Clark Grand Centurion Pool, 440 Madison Hill Road, August 5, 10-2PM